Grady Sizemore Dilemma

So the regular MLB season hasn't started yet and I am already at my first big decision of this fantasy baseball season.

Since this is my first post about my fantasy keeper league here is some background information:

12 Team Roto keeper league;
Batting Categories: SB, OBP, SLG, Runs, RBI;
Pitching Categories: Wins, Saves, Ks, ERA, WHIP;
10 players are kept before all players return to the draft pool in March;
The league is in its fourth season;
Last year the league expanded from 10 to 12 teams;
I was an expansion franchise;

There will be more of a history lesson later but on to my current dilemma...

My first big trade offer of the year involves the gem of my young expansion franchise - Grady Sizemore, centerfielder for the Cleveland Indians. The Indians signed Grady to a big contract last week; he's a great five category contributor and he's only 23 on opening day. The proposed trade sends Sizemore, Barry Zito, and Eddie Guardado for Mark Prior, Brad Lidge, and Tori Hunter. I counter offered and asked the other team to throw in the rights to Justin Upton without him going for it.

I hesitate to go forward with the 3 for 3 deal only because of Prior's current health record. His potential to be the best is undeniable, but his injuries are becoming a pattern. It looks like now his injuries may be a symptom of his delivery. Who knows if his stuff will remain as good once he starts to try and change his approach to the plate?

So far I am holding the line to see if he comes around to throw in Upton... Putting stock in how bad he actually wants Grady. This guy is typically known to negotiate against himself so holding off here might be prudent.



UPDATE

So I held out and instead of coming around to Upton he added a 3rd round pick in next years draft for my 7th round pick. It still hurt to send Grady away but the price was definitely right here.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds